Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
The condition known as chronic Fatigue implies tiredness from which there is no real relief; even a night's sleep does not offer enough rest.
Acute Fatigue may be weariness from labour or exertion, or from nervous exhaustion. It is activated quickly; for example, after a sprint around an athletic track, further running becomes physiologically impossible without a period of rest. The body must be given a chance to recover and repay its oxygen debt.
Muscular Fatigue is closely related. There is also an oxygen requirement by the body. However, although there may be delayed soreness in the muscles, the following day the body can once again perform the work or exercise.
Ginkgo biloba (10)
Siberian Ginseng (7)
Milk Thistle (9)
Coenzyme Q10 (1)
Evening Primrose Oil (2)
Fish Oil (2)
Vitamin B12 (4)
Vitamin C (5)
1. Goldberg A. CFIDS Chronicle 1989; Summer/Fall.
2. Behan PO, et al. Effect of high doses of Essential Fatty Acids on the post viral Fatigue syndrome. Acta Neurol Scand 1990; 82(3):209-16.
3. Shaw DL, et al. Management of Fatigue: A physiologic approach. Am J Med Sci 1962;243:758.
4. Ellis FR, Nasser S. A pilot study of vitamin B12 in the treatment of tiredness. Br J Nutr 1973;30:277-83.
5. Cheraskin E, et al. Daily Vitamin C consumption and fatigability J Amer Geria Soc 1976; 24:136-37.
6. Moz J. Effect of echinacin on phagocytosis and natural killer cells. Med Welt 1983; 34:1463-67.
7. Bohn B, et al. Flow-cytometric studies with Eleutherococcus senticosus extract as an immunomodulatory agent. Arzneimittel-Forsch 1987; 37: 1193-96.
8. Kumazawa Y, et al. Activation of perotenil macrophages by berberine alkaloids in terms of induction of cytostatic activity. Int J Immunofarmocal, 1984; 6:587-92.
9. Salmi HA and Sarna S. Effect of silymarin on chemical, functional, and morphologic alteration of the liver: A double-blind controlled study. Scand J Gastroent 1982; 17:417-21.
10. Krieglstein J, et al: Influence of an extract of Ginkgo biloba on cerebral blood flow and metabolism, Life Sci, 39(24), Dec 1986, p 2327-2334.
Print this page