Quest Vitamins LTD,
8 Venture Way,
Aston Science Park,
Tel: 0121 359 0056
Fax: 0121 359 0313
Registered in England No. 2530437
A wound is an injury to the body that involves laceration or breaking of a membrane (such as the Skin) and usually damage to underlying tissues. Trauma to these body tissues can result in bleeding and Infection.
Treatment for a wound is directed towards the complications. This may involve removing foreign objects, stopping haemorrhages, and minimising Shock. Antiseptics and tetanus toxoid boosters are also used.
Types of wounds include abdominal, contusion, perforated, incised, puncture, lacerated, subcutaneous, non-penetrating, tunnel, and open.
Gotu Kola (5)
St. John's Wort (6)
Aloe Vera (1)
Evening Primrose Oil
Vitamin C (3)
Vitamin E (7)
A "must have" for any injury where there may be torn or jagged wounds with Bruised feeling.
Give every 10 minutes for a few doses until the Pain subsides.
Useful if a wound or graze threatens to become infected with yellow pus.
1. Penneys NS. Inhibition of arachidonic acid oxidation in vitro by vehicle components. Acta Derm Venerol Stockh 1981;62:59-61.
2. Kirk SJ, Hurson M, Regan MC, et al. Arginine stimulates wound healing and immune function in elderly human beings. Surgery 1993;114:155-60.
3. Ringsdorf WM, Cheraskin E. Vitamin C and human wound healing. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol 1982;53(3):231-36.
4. Pories WJ, Henzel JH, Rob CG, Strain WH. Acceleration of healing with Zinc sulfate. Ann Surg 1967;165:432-36.
5. Kartnig T. Clinical applications of Centella asiatica (L) Urb. In herbs, Spices, and Medicinal Plants: Recent Advances in Botany, Horticulture, and Pharmacology, vol. 3., ed. LE Craker, JE Simon. Phoenix, AZ: Oryx Press, 1986, 145-73.
6. Blumenthal M, Busse WR, Goldberg A, et al. The Complete German Commission E Monographs. Therapeutic Guide to Herbal Medicines. Austin, Texas: American Botanical Council, 1998, 115-16.
7. Simon GA, et al: Wound healing after laser injury to Skin - the effect of occlusion and Vitamin E, Journal of Pharm Science, 83(8), Aug 1994, 1101-1106.