Quest Vitamins LTD,
8 Venture Way,
Aston Science Park,
Tel: 0121 359 0056
Fax: 0121 359 0313
Registered in England No. 2530437
Vaginitis, a common gynaecological complaint, refers to the Inflammation of the female genital tract. It is characterised by a Painful, sometimes whitish, discharge.
One common form of Infection, identified by persistent or recurrent urethritis, is trichomoniasis. The spread of vaginitis, if caused by an Infection, can lead to other pelvic inflammatory diseases.
Treatment includes antimicrobial sprays and proper personal hygiene. Periodic examinations are also helpful.
Garlic (2, 7)
Vitamin A (3)
Vitamin C (4)
Vitamin E (5)
1. Hilton E, Isenberg H, Alperstein P, et al. Ingestion of yogurt containing Lactobacillus acidophilus as prophylaxis for Candidal vaginitis. Ann Intern Med 1992;116:353-57.
2. Hughes BG, Lawson LD. Antimicrobial effects of Allium sativum (Garlic), Allium ampeloprasum L (elephant Garlic), and Allium cepa (onion), Garlic compounds and commercial Garlic supplement products. Phytother Res 1991;5:154-58.
3. Murray MT. Encyclopedia of Nutritional Supplements. Rocklin, CA: Prima Publishing, 24.
4. Debray C, et al. Treatment of gastro-duodenal Ulcers with large doses of ascorbic acid. Semaine Therapeutique 1986; (Paris) 44:393-8.
5. Stephens L. Improved recovery of Vitamin E treated lambs that have been experimentally infected with intertracheal chlamydia. Bri Vet Jour 1979; 135:291-93.
6. Greenberg S, et al. Inhibition of chlamydia trachomatis growth by Zinc 1985; 27:953-57.
7. Hughes BG, Lawson LD. Antimicrobial effects of Allium sativum (Garlic), Allium ampeloprasum L (elephant Garlic), and Allium cepa (onion), Garlic compounds and commercial Garlic supplement products. Phytother Res 1991;5:154-58.
8. Kaneday Y, et al. In vitro effects of berberine sulfate on the growth of Entamoeba histolytica, Giardia lamblia and tricomanons vaginalis. Ann Trop Med Parasitol 1991; 85:417-25.