Quest Vitamins LTD,
8 Venture Way,
Aston Science Park,
Tel: 0121 359 0056
Fax: 0121 359 0313
Registered in England No. 2530437
A very general term, infection represents the invasion of the body tissues by microorganisms (bacteria, viruses, fungi and protozoa).
Invading organisms, such as bacteria, produce toxins that damage host tissues and interfere with normal metabolism. Viruses cause cellular degeneration (rabies or polio) or cellular creation (Warts and cold sores).
Most of us can overcome minor infections in a few days. However, some individuals suffer from one infection after another. This generally signals a serious disease whereby the Immune System has been compromised.
Evening Primrose Oil
Vitamin A (2)
Vitamin C (3)
Vitamin E (4)
Useful for Earache due to Eczema or infection of the Skin in the ear.
There is a burning itchy sensation and often a smelly discharge.
1. Hughes BG, Lawson LD. Antimicrobial effects of Allium sativum L. (Garlic), Allium ampeloprasum L. (elephant Garlic) and Allium cepa L. (onion), Garlic compounds and commercial Garlic supplement products. Phytother Res 1991;5:154-58.
2. Glaszious PP et al. Vitamin A supplementation in infectious diseases: A meta-analysis. BMJ 1993;306:366-70.
3. Hemila H. Vitamin C and the Common Cold. Br J Nutr 1992;67:3-16.
4. Almagor M, et al: Protective effects of the glutathione redox cycle and Vitamin E on cultured fibroblasts infected by mycoplasma pneumoniae, Infect Immun, 52(1), Apr 1986, p 240-244.
5. Sun D, et al: Berberine sulfate blocks adherance of streptococcus pyogens to epithelial cells, fibronectin, and hexadeceane, Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, 32(9), Sept 1988, p 1370-1374.
6. Kiremidjian-Schumacher L, et al: Supplementation with Selenium augments the functions of natural killer and lymphokine-activated killer cells, Biological Trace Elements Research, 52(3), June 1996, p 227-239.