Shingles (Herpes zoster) is an Infection of a nerve centre associated with severe Pain and a blister-like eruption in the area of the nerve distribution.
The causative organism is a filtrable virus believed to be the same virus that causes chicken pox. Herpes zoster usually affects persons past middle age. It most often involves the area of the upper abdomen, neck, back and lower chest, but may appear along other nerve pathways.
Shingles produce vascular Skin lesions that are confined to a dermatome. Severe neurologic Pain in peripheral areas arise from the inflamed root ganglia.
Aloe Vera (5)
Vitamin C (1)
Vitamin E (2)
HOMOEOPATHY: Cold sores and shingles
Itching blisters, may be better for warmth.
If there is a marked burning sensation in a cold-blooded person.
Exquisitely tender with obvious pus.
Burning sensation and Itching in a warm-blooded person.
1. Zureick M. Treatment of shingles and Herpes with Vitamin C intravenously. Jour des Praticiens 1950; 64:586.
2. Zyres S and Mihan R. Post-Herpes zoster neuralgia: Response to Vitamin E therapy. Arch Dermatol 1973; 108:855-56.
3. Bauer R and Wagner H. Echinacea species as potential immunostimulatory drugs. Econ Med Plant Res 1991; 5:253-321.
4. Weber D, et al. Invitro virucidal effects of Allium sativum (Garlic) extract and compounds. Planta Medica 1992; 58:417-423.
5. Davis RH, et al: Anti-inflammatory and Wound healing activity of a growth substance in Aloe Vera, Journal of the American Podiatry Medical Association, 84(2), Feb 1994, p 77-81.